- How do I complete a repair on Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0?
- Product Family: Software
- Components: Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0
- Control System: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
The below instructions are for Windows XP, Vista and 7 Only. Please see below note for instructions on how to repair the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 on Windows 8.
- Close all running software applications.
- Go to Windows Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs or Program and Features.
- Select Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended.
- Click Change/Uninstall, Remove or Repair.
Select the Repair option, click Next.
The wizard will perform a repair on the .NET Framework installation.
It is suggested to restart the Computer.
- This will launch a Setup Wizard.
NOTE: Windows 8 and Windows 10 do not have a Microsoft .NET Framework 4 listed in Programs and Features. The .NET Framework 4.0 is part of Windows 8 Operating System as a feature and is not something that can be removed or repaired. There is one way to try and repair the Windows 8 .NET Framework 4 by running Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool
. Daktronics Technicians cannot run this tool on customer computers, proceed at your own risk.