Windows XP - End of Life Support
- Microsoft announced it is ending support for Windows XP Professional as of April 8th, 2014 (Microsoft).
- Daktronics DMP-7000 system utilizes Windows XP Professional for Embedded Systems.
- Windows XP Embedded operating system on Daktronics components and systems
- Windows XP Professional for Embedded Systems, such as Daktronics DMP-7000 Systems with XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.
- After April 8th, 2014, Microsoft will consider Windows XP Professional for Embedded Systems "End of Life" and will not support customer's calling Microsoft directly or put out Service Packs or Patches for this OS.
- Systems will continue to operate as they do today, however future updates will not be available from Microsoft.
As you are aware, Microsoft is ending support for Windows XP Professional in April, 2014. In response, Daktronics Engineering teams are working on an update to the Venus 7000 software and current VMAX technology to work on a Windows 7 operating system. There are no current plans to move VMAX3 or older VMAX technology to Windows 7.
As solutions become more mature, we will evaluate each specific situation to determine the best method of implementation to meet your customer's specific needs. As this development progresses forward, we expect to provide a more detailed update in early May.