When updating Venus 1500 v4 software receive an error 'The file Nucleus Log.mdf is compressed but does not reside in a read-only database or filegroup.'
The file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\Nucleus Log.mdf" is compressed but does not reside in a read-only database or filegroup. The file must be decompressed.
The file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\Nucleus Log_log.LDF" is compressed but does not reside in a read-only database or filegroup. The file must be decompressed.
Database 'Nucleus log' or 'Nucleus Database' cannot be opened due to inaccessible files or insufficient memory or disk space. See the SQL Server Errorlog for details.
File activation failure. The physical file name "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\Nucleus Log_Log.LDF" may be incorrect
The Nucleus Database.mdf, Nucleus Log.mdf and Nucleus Log_log.LDF file was compressed and will not allow the software update/repair to run.
Uncompressed the Files/folders.
- Go to Windows Services.
Locate the SQL Server (Nucleus), right-click and Stop it.
Go to C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)
Right-click on Microsoft SQL Server folder and choose Properties.
From the General Tab click Advanced.
Uncheck Compress contents to save disk space, click Ok.
Choose Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files, click Ok.
Step 2: Detaching and Re-Attaching the Database
- XP Operating System: Go to Windows Start Menu -> Run -> type services.msc -> Click Ok
- Windows 7 Operation System: Go to Windows Start Menu -> In Search programs and files and type Services, and select Services from the filtered menu.
- Go to http://dakfiles.daktronics.com.
- Go to the following directory: Venus1500 -> Utils -> Nucleus Database Diagnostics
- Click and Download the Nucleus Database Diagnostics.zip file.
- Click Open, drag and drop folder contents to computer Desktop.
- Double-click the Nucleus Database Diagnostics Application file.
- After retrieving status, either click Repair or Detach.
If clicking Detach, click Attach.
Close Nucleus Database Diagnostics.
Step 3: Run a Update/Repair on software.
NOTE: If the "Compress contents to save disk space
" is not checked, try checking it and click Ok
and Apply changes to the folder, subfolders and files
. Then follow steps 6-8.