When trying to save an existing presentation with a Video in Content Studio you receive an error "Object reference not set to the instance of an object."
- Unable to Save or Save As on any existing presentation that contains a Video.
- Unable to import videos (See DD2047219).
- Able to save a new presentation that does not contain a Video.
Error: Daktronics Content Studio
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- Venus 1500 (4.17)
- Windows 7
DivX Plus Software 8.0 or Configuration DivX (DivX Plus Codec Pack, DivX Plus Converter, DivX Plus Player and DivX HiQ + Web Player Beta) was installed recently on the PC (Or any other type of Video Codec Package of some type). The DivX or one of its components corrupted or causes confliction with our Content Studio video importer and the ability to save presentations with Video.
See image below for example. You can see DivX program was install only 4 days prior to our software being update. This helps indicate that was a change made before the software stopped working.
Fully Uninstall DivX Plus Software 8.0 or any DivX program (DivX Plus Codec Pack, DivX Plus Converter, DivX Plus Player and DivX HiQ + Web Player Beta) and all its components.
- Go to Windows Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features.
- Browse and locate any program installed as DivX (Configuration DivX, Setup DivX etc.).
- Highlight program and click Remove/Uninstall.
- Follow through prompts and make sure to select ALL Installed Components.
- Continue through uninstall until you are able to click Finish.