When trying to manually install the Microsoft SQL Server Native client receiving error "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed."
- When trying to manually install the Microsoft SQL Server Native client from DD2335230 this error occurs.
- - Microsoft SQL Server Native Client Setup -
"The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly install. Contact your support personnel for assistance"
The Microsoft Windows Installer is not working properly. This error occurs when trying to install a program that has to use Windows Installer.
- To confirm this is a Microsoft Windows Installer, the customer can try running Windows Updates. If any type of error occurs during Windows Updates, there is a issue with the Windows Installer.
If you experience the error shown in Issue 2 see below:
- There is no resolution to this issues. This is not a Daktronics Software error or install error. This is an error with the Windows Installer which is Windows product. Engineering can not fix this issue. The end user will need to do one of the following:
- Work with their own IT/Computer Tech to resolve the Windows Installer issue.
- Install software on a different PC.
- Re-Image the PC/New or Fresh Windows Install.