- Temperature anywhere from 3-30 degrees off.
- Temperature fluctuating throughout the day; will read more accurate during evening, night, and early morning times.
- Temp will read high especially when its exposed to direct sunlight.
- Temp may be correct after an offset is set, but will again be off later.
- Product Family: Message Displays
- Product: Galaxy AF-3400, AF-3500, AF-3700 series, GPR, GP3, GP4, GS6
- Conponent: Temperature Sensor
- Control System:
- Temp sensor is mounted in direct sunlight or between cabinets.
Relocate sensor for proper mounting.
- Mounting Recommendations:
- An ideal location is under a north eave or on a northern exposure away from direct sunlight (i.e. for Northern Hemisphere).
- Mount the sensor above grass or vegetation rather than concrete or other paving.
- Mount at least 20 feet away from chimneys, vents, air conditioners, or other items that would influence correct temperature readings.
- Do not mount between displays or in any location that restricts air movement.
- Mount the sensor so that the cable can be protected from weather and vandalism.
- Other things to consider: reflection off of tinted windows may cause temp to read high; sensors mounted flush against the side of building may read higher due temp of brick and restricted air flow.
- If the standard 25 ft. Quick Connect (QC) cable is restricting the remounting of the temp sensor:
- An alternate option is to hardwire the temp sensor to the display controller/driver.
- Call Daktronics helpdesk for information needed to perform this alternate mounting.
- For detailed information on proper photocell mounting, please refer to the following documents:
For Temporary Operation
- Use a temperature off set in the DM-100 Menu for Time & Temp displays or the Venus 1500 software for Message Center displays.