- How do I edit existing content from Venus 1500 V4 for Venus Control Suite?
- How do I move my favorite presentations from Venus 1500 V4 to Venus Control Suite?
- How do I save or keep a few of my presentations to use with my display and the Venus Control Suite bridge?
- What do I need to do to move from Venus 1500 V4 to Venus Control Suite now that I have the bridge?
- Content Studio
- Venus 1500 V4
- Venus Control Suite Daktronics Hosted
- Venus Control Suite Locally Hosted
Instructions for Bridge Kit Conversion:
This article is intended for use by customers who have purchased a hardware bridge to convert their software from Venus 1500 V4 to Venus Control Suite. This article will list out how to perform an uninstall of Venus 1500 V4 as the use of that software will no longer be required once the conversion to Venus Control Suite takes place. Do not uninstall Venus 1500 V4 if you will need to control older displays with this software. This article is only for those who will no longer use Venus 1500 V4 to control displays.
Editing Existing Content from Venus 1500 V4 for Venus Control Suite:
Venus Control Suite editors offer fresh new fonts for your LED display. Although we recommend creating new content to attract attention to your business or organization, we understand you may want to save some existing content. We will walk you through freshening up your old content that you would like to keep.
Save Desired Presentations
If you have presentations from Venus 1500 V4 that you would like to reuse, then follow the below steps.
- Open Venus 1500 V4, click on the Content tab, select the desired presentation and click Edit.
- When the presentations opens in Content Studio, click on the orange V application menu and select Save As. (Do not make changes to your presentation yet).
- On the left side of the Save As window, select desktop under the System heading.
- It is recommended to create a Folder to save your content to.
- Type in a file name and click Save.
- To repeat this, click on the orange V application menu from Content Studio, select Open, and select the desired presentation.
- Click the orange V application menu, select Save As and select the folder on the desktop.
- Repeat steps 6-7 for all desired presentations.
Clean Up and Set Up
- If you no longer need Venus 1500 V4 to communicate to any displays, then uninstall the program from your computer. Follow
How do I fully uninstall Venus 1500 V4, DD2774844 to do so.
- Download the Venus Control Suite version of Content Studio from
Note: Do not download the Venus Control Suite version of Content Studio prior to uninstalling Venus 1500 V4.
- Run the installation file. A restart may be required.
Note: The installation will not put a shortcut icon on your desktop.
Freshen Up Previous Content
- Log in to Venus Control Suite from
- Click on the Media tab on the left.
- Click on the blue Upload button.
- Drag and drop the presentations to the uploader or click here to upload and browse to the folder saved on the desktop, select the VMPF files and click Open.
- After files have successfully uploaded, click Finish.
- In the Media Library, click on the thumbnail of the presentation you want to freshen up.
- Click on the pencil icon in the upper left of the file window.
- A login screen for Content Studio will appear; use your Venus Control Suite login credentials to log in.
- When the presentation opens, click OK if a message appears regarding the presentation's font.
- Select your text box or highlight the layout's text, choose a new font from the dropdown menu. Adjust font size if necessary.
- After the desired changes have been made, click on the application menu in the upper left and select Save. This will upload changes directly to the Venus Control Suite Media Library.
- Repeat steps 6-11 for all remaining presentations.
See also: If you purchased a web seminar training with your bridge upgrade, you'll learn more on what Venus Control Suite has to offer. If you have not purchased a training, you can still do so by calling
1-800-325-8766 and speaking to our Service Coordinator team. Additionally, there are videos and pdf guides located on our Venus Control Suite Learning Center located at