- When attempting to uninstall an application such as Venus 1500, Show Control etc. receive the following error:
- Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is writable.
- (Windows 7) Error may also show as "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file location exists and that you can write to it."
- Any Software Platform or Application
- This is typically caused by when a computer has Windows Installer Logging enabled but the installer cannot access, locate or properly write the uninstall information. Please reference the following Microsoft Article for more information http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2564571.
Stop and restart the Explorer.exe from Task Manager Process Tab.
- Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to launch Task Manager or right-click Desktop Task Bar and choose Start Task Manager.
- Click Processes Tab.
- Locate and select the explorer.exe, click End Process.
Click End Process to the prompt.
Your Desktop Icons and Desktop Bar will disappear.
Hit CTRL-ALT-DEL to launch Task Manager again.
Click File -> New Task (Run...).
Type explorer.exe and click Ok.
- You may need to select Show Processes from all users.
- Your Desktop Task bar and Icons should appear again.