- When installing Venus 1500 v4.18.1 or greater on a Windows XP Computer, receive the following error:
- DXSETUP.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error
- Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application.
- Venus 1500 v4.18.1
- Windows XP
- .NET Framework 4
There is a possible bug with Microsoft's DirectX installer on a Windows XP computer using Microsoft .NET Framework 4.
Daktronics Technical Support does not have a solution to the issue at this time. Daktronics does not provide support with Microsoft .NET Frameworks or DirectX issues.
- Try running a Microsoft .NET Framework Repair by following the two articles listed below:
If running a Microsoft .NET Repair does not resolve the issue, see workaround listed below.
- How to complete a repair on Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1,
- How to complete a repair on Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0,
When researching the issue, there are several Blogs, Forums and Microsoft Sites that indicate there is an issue with the .NET Frameworks. Daktronics suggests to consult with your IT Department or Computer Technician and possibly try uninstalling all currently installed .NET Frameworks, and reinstalling each one at a time.