Sportsound 500HD Sound System
The Sportsound 500HD is a complete sound system designed to provide high-impact sound reinforcement for a variety of outdoor facilities, including football, lacrosse, soccer, softball and track. The system is installed in a permanent position and provides full range sound and even coverage at levels capable of overcoming crowd noise.
The 500HD is designed for smaller sport venues; it is easy to set up and to operate. The new Announcer’s Console provides a simplified interface to the sound system, which offers one MP3 player and two microphone inputs.
Improved driver protection, low distortion, low latency, higher damping factor, high precision components and a broad, smooth coverage of the entire football playing field are the hallmarks of the Sportsound 500HD sound system. Improved 20 bit/48K digital signal processing is available to individually tune each speaker. Signal transfer is accomplished digitally via Ethernet and network connections allow for local (and future remote) management and diagnostics for the system. The Sportsound 500HD sound system also features global power, making it ready to work anywhere in the world.
- Fully-contained system
- Single- or dual-sided coverage pattern options available
- Single cabinet accommodates future expandability
- Horn-loaded mid frequency drivers with constant directivity high frequency horns
- Mid and high frequency speakers adjust 0-30 degrees horizontally in 5 degree increments
- Remote-mounted NEMA3R control enclosure allows for ease of service
- CobraNet® communication between announcer’s rack and control enclosure via a multimode fiber optic cable
- 20bit/48K digital audio with analog backup
- On-board digital signal processing (DSP) with low signal latency
- On-board system diagnostics
- Global power configurations
- Rated to withstand hurricane force winds up to 78 psf
- Full-color-printable front mesh with UV protection
- Compatible with any Daktronics audio control system
The 500HD offers three configurations: Dual (D), Single Left (SL) or Single Right (SR). The internal components of the single speaker configurations can be adjusted. The examples below show some of the popular aiming configurations. These adjustment options offer unprecedented installation flexibility without compromising on aesthetics.
single left coverage
single right coverage
H=3'-0" W=8'-0" D=3'-6"
(914 mm, 2438 mm, 1067 mm)
500HD-D: 850 lbs (386 kg)
500HD-SL/-SR: 775 lbs (352 kg)
Power coat black with wrinkle finish
Steel skeleton sheeted in aluminum paneling with two (2) rear access doors